Sunday, October 21, 2012

A REVIEW: NYX BLUSH IN PINCHED

hey guys! So, it's Sunday, an I had some downtime FINALLY I decided I could finally get to post something! I might do this thing sometime later where it's like a "flash of the past" and I do a series of remodeled versions of posts I previously had.....but yeah that's probably gonna be later so.....today I'm doing a review of the Nyx Powder Blush in Pinched. For those of you who don't know about the brand, it's a brand that's sold at Ulta or online that has a lot of pretty inexpensive products that are great quality. One of their best products are their blushes, and I feel like they don't get enough credit in the beauty world. So here's me, giving some credit to one of my favorite blushes :


Nyx Powder Blush in Pinched is a beautiful bright coral pink with gold shimmer. It retails for $5.99 at Ulta, but there are plenty of sales where you could get this at a lot cheaper. The formula is quite pigmented, so a light application would be best at first. The powder itself can sometimes get a little gritty as you see in the picture below, but it hasn't been a problem in the application, which is a plus. The wear time is also long, about 4 hours before it starts to fade away. The color reminds me of the oh so famous Nars Orgasm Blush in because of it's gorgeous gold undertones.


Another thing that I love about this blush is that it is so wearable! Not only can the color be built up, it looks great on pretty much all skin tones. I actually first suggested this to one of my friends who is much paler than me, but then when I tried it on myself, the shade, though looking a bit different, looked AMAZING. I think this is really the perfect summery blush, but I find myself reaching for this sometimes though it's fall. This color is a great way to achieve bright, glowy cheeks no matter the season!
Pinched blended on left, heavy swatch on right {natural lighting}

I hope y'all enjoyed this review! Blog ya later! :)

love,
onion



1 comment: